In honor of National Infertility Awareness Week (Oct. 19-25), I wanted to post a couple facts about infertility each day throughout the week to educate others. Please check back daily for fast facts taken from http://www.resolve.org/ (click on Learn to find out what RESOLVE is all about).
Infertility is a disease that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system. Both the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recognize infertility as a disease.
Infertility is a disease that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system. Both the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recognize infertility as a disease.
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse (six months if the woman is over age 35) or the inability to carry a pregnancy to live birth.
Kirsten's two cents: If you and your partner have been unable to conceive after one year of trying, it's very important to seek medical advice right away......don't put it off. Take charge of your fertility!
While I may think I know it all, I don't. Please treat "Kirsten's two cents" exactly as that.....my two cents. They are my opinions only - as I am not a doctor - I just play one on T.V........ Smile : )
No comments:
Post a Comment