Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Alison, Nolan, Kate, Brian, Grandma, Grandpa and I went to the zoo yesterday. Kate slept the entire time, never even woke up. Nolan fell asleep and Alison was awake the entire time. We had fun, but the zoo will be a lot better when the Africa exhibit opens in June : )

Needless to say.....everyone knows what a wonderful husband I have......but I had the best Mother's Day! He made it so special for me. I have waited a long time to be a mommy and he made sure it was a special day. He pretty much told me we could do whatever I wanted. He asked me if I wanted to relax by myself or be with the kiddos. Silly question! I want to spend every minute with them.....even when Kate was crabby : ) He made me pancakes for breakfast, they were yummy and we won't get into how many I ate!!! He pretty much didn't let me lift a finger - he did it all! I wanted to get out of the house so that's why I decided to go to the zoo. I'm not quite ready to take the kiddos to a restaurant so we went to Emo's for a late lunch. Came home and planted my flowers and spent time relaxing with the kiddos. He cleaned house and did laundry for me. Ahhh, what a perfect day!

Thanks to everyone who bought gifts for my first Mother's Day. You are all so special to me.

Alison checking out the sea lions. It was adorable. She would look at them and look at me and give me the biggest smile.

Nolan fell asleep before we even got to the camel!

Peacock's everywhere!


Kate sleeping.


Nolan awake in front of the monkey's!

Nolan.

Ali, Nolan and Kate by the reptiles.

The kids and Brian bought me a mothers ring. I was so surprised, had no idea. It's beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice.....it's three Citrine stones (November birthstone) with small diamonds around it in white gold. Thanks B, A, N and K. I love you sooo much! Please excuse the dry and unmanicured hands!!









No comments: